Thursday, June 6, 2013

Back to work

Sorry for the blog silence this week, but both Julian and I are back to work full time now. We hired a college student to nanny for us for the summer so that I can finish my thesis. We decided to go with a more "temporary" child care solution while I decide what I want to do next with my career. She has worked a few days a week the past few weeks, but this was the first full week for us all. So far things are going far better than I had feared! I worked from home the first week to make sure the transition went smoothly. Josh was very difficult about taking a bottle at first, but has finally adjusted nicely. It has been more difficult than I realized to find childcare in our area, so I'm glad this seems to be working out. For now Julian has been going into work early, while I wait for the nanny to arrive. Then Julian is home by 4:30, and I get home a bit later. I am also trying to work from home or the library when I can, so that I don't have to waste 2 hrs commuting. It has certainly been tough for me to leave him each day, but this is all the more motivation to finish my thesis quickly :-)



2 comments: