We decided we would try to find a daycare for Josh but that has been quite a challenge. We didn't quite have our s**t together to start soon enough so it has been a bit of a mess. After doing lots of searching (mostly by Margaret) we found 3 possible choices that Margaret would look at. The day before she was to visit a few of the places, two of them called saying the spot was no longer available. One had the spot filled and the other had trouble with an assistant and could no longer take another child. That meant we only had one option left and it was only for MWF.
Margaret looked at the one option we had left and thought it was ok. She didn't think it was bad but had concerns about how Josh would adapt to that environment (It was very loud and crowded). That morning Margaret and I found another option which Margaret then looked at. She said this second option was much better and it looks like it will be a winner. I visited on Friday with Margaret and Josh and we signed him up. It looks like a nice place and hopefully Josh will adapt well to it. He will start five days a week in a week.
Becoming a parent has completely changed our lives for the best. We knew this would happen but probably didn't fully appreciate what that meant. Getting used to having Josh as part of our lives has been a joy but I certainly didn't appreciate how difficult it would be make sure he was being taken care of. Hopefully we will like the daycare we choose and Josh's care will be settled for a while.
Here are some Josh pictures unrelated to daycare:
| Never too early to learn how to drive! |
| Josh made his own fort! |
| Josh was difficult to contain in our room |
Good luck you guys! You are so brave (all three of you!) and I know you'll do wonderfully!
ReplyDeleteFinding safe and affordable child care is a HUGE challenge almost everywhere it seems. I think the lack of good child care options is still a glass ceiling of sorts for working women. I am glad that you found something and I hope Josh's transition is smooth and easy!
ReplyDelete