So the DC area is just getting pelted with snow and ice this winter. It was fun the first few times, but now it is just getting old. Our daycare follows the government for closing, but if the public schools in Montgomery County are off or have a 2 hr delay we also have a 2 hr delay. Fortunately I just finished all my revisions and turned in my final thesis (yay!) and now I'm just cleaning out and organizing all my samples at work but will be done very soon. So at least I have the flexibility to stay home with Josh when needed, but I do have to plan my week very carefully around days when the weather might not be good. I really feel for families that don't have the job flexibility we have in dealing with backup care!
The most recent storm was almost "half a Josh" deep. Around 12-15 inches of snow! We took Josh outside for perhaps our most successful playing in the snow (not saying much...) We tried to sled down our front steps, but our "sled" was not particularly good. By the time we borrowed a sled from a neighbor, Josh was really over the whole snow thing and just wanted to go back inside. Overall, Josh really hates his coat, and mittens, and hat....so snow has less appeal to him for now. Hopefully we can change his mind for our trip to Colorado in 2 weeks!
For now, enjoy some pictures and a video of us playing in the snow :-)
![]() |
| Almost half a Josh high! |
![]() |
| Family photo time |
![]() |
| Pull faster Daddy! |



No comments:
Post a Comment