I was reading about 15 month milestones, and one of them is something called "pretend play". I hadn't heard this term before, but it really explains some of Josh's new behaviors lately. Basically he is pretending to do things that we do, because he is learning what behaviors adults do. He is also learning that objects have purposes, and that they each have a job. Some of the examples were pretending to clean, sleep, or stir things in a bowl, all of which Josh does. The article I was reading also said that kids like to play with things that they perceive as more useful to adults, like boxes or other things that adults use daily--which absolutely describes Josh. It has been really awesome to watch him learning and developing!
 |
| Cleaning! |
 |
| Sleeping :-) |
 |
| Talking on the phone (Note the classic 90s phone) |
No comments:
Post a Comment