Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Swimming lessons for Josh

Josh has been doing swimming lessons at school for the summer, and we've been so impressed with how brave he has been. We did swimming lessons last winter, and he didn't learn much swimming however did get experience being in a class with a teacher without us. We weren't sure how swim lessons at school would go, since he doesn't really like having a "coach" or teacher, and has refused all extra activity options at school. But he has been fine! The whole class goes to lessons, and they are broken into small groups, he has one friend from his class in his group and some kids from other classes. We weren't sure how much he was learning, but were so proud of him for just getting into the water and trying.

Last weekend we were able to go swimming with the kids at a friend's pool. We had a great time, and were able to work with Josh to learn a new skill. I noticed from the pictures from his swim class that Josh doesn't put his head in the water like some of his friends do. I brought my goggles to the pool so that I could work with Josh to try putting his face in the water. He was scared at first, and didn't want to try. But after a little while, and seeing his friend try, he was willing! After the first time putting his face in the water, he was hooked! He had a great time putting his face in the water and reaching for toys under water. I was so proud of him, and more importantly, he was proud of himself!

I can't wait to see how much his swimming improves over the next month of summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment