Sunday, June 30, 2013

Swimming, swimming in the swimming pool

Over the weekend we took Josh swimming for the first time. He loves baths, so we were hopeful that he would like swimming too. I'm not sure he really knew what was going on, but he seemed to enjoy himself. We were very lucky that Heather came swimming and could help us with him (particularly in the locker room!). Heather also did some research on what Josh should be working on in the water at this stage :-)

We took him to the aquatic center in Rockville which is a really nice facility. I've done some lap swimming there in the past, so I knew the family pool was nice and warm (plus it is indoors), so it seemed like a good place for Josh's first time in a pool. Heather and I swam some laps and then Julian and Josh met us to play. The family pool has some water features which Josh found very interesting. Sadly the water slide was closed today (plus Josh is a bit too young for it). Overall we had a lot of fun and I definitely recommend this pool for kids (and adults)!





1 comment:

  1. Winner for the most photogenic family goes to you guys!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete