Thursday, October 17, 2013

40 Weeks

Josh was born on his due date (what I thought his due date was, not the doctor :-) ), meaning he had 40 long weeks of growing inside of me before he was born. I made note of when he would be "40 weeks" old, and that was Oct. 15. In Josh's first 40 weeks he had to grow and develop from a ball of cells to a baby that can breathe and function (somewhat) on his own. In his second 40 weeks, he had to learn how to eat, sleep, move and comfort himself. I'm not sure which 40 weeks he developed more, but he certainly has learned and grown a lot in just a small amount of time!!

I'm also finding myself very impressed with my ability to grow a baby (from scratch!). My body went through a lot of changes to grow and support Josh for 40 weeks inside of me, and also went through a lot of changes to support him outside. It took about 7-8 months for me to lose the weight that I gained in pregnancy, and about that long for me to feel like myself again. My body is certainly not the same as it was before pregnancy, but I'm very proud of how well it was able to adapt to growing and sustaining life :-) Nature is a pretty cool thing!

Here are some pictures from our journey :-)
14 weeks!
39+ weeks!


Day 1 :-)
40 weeks on the outside
Love him <3


He has learned so much!!


1 comment: