Since Josh became mobile several months ago I have made several attempts to baby proof the house. Margaret and I try to let Josh explore so that he can learn and develop, but I tried to take care of baby proofing the big things that could cause the most harm. The outlets are all covered, the smaller furniture is strapped to the wall, the TV is strapped to the stand, corners of furniture are protected and I installed several baby gates. None of these are meant to allow Josh to play unattended but they at least will prevent him from getting into too much trouble.
Unfortunately, Josh has foiled many of these over the last few months. He pulled the protectors off the corners of furniture. He unplugged CO detectors we had plugged in (mostly to play with the detector) which left the plug exposed. The baby gates were working very well until this past weekend when he followed after Jeter and got under the gate.
The height of the gate was set to allow Jeter to get through but it seems Josh is now able to do it as well. I then installed a piece of plastic poster board zip tied to the baby gate to reduce the gap size in hopes that Jeter could still get through but Josh could not. Sadly I was foiled again....
No comments:
Post a Comment