Today is the last day of my single parenting adventure. I certainly don't want to jinx anything, but so far Josh and I have been doing pretty well.
Julian's Dad helped out on Saturday taking Jeter to her weekly vet trip, and watching Josh so that I could go to yoga. On Sunday Josh and I were supposed to meet Julian's Mom and stepdad to go walking in Bethesda, but we overslept! I had set an alarm for 7:10, and when I woke up I could hear Josh, but decided to give him a few minutes to fully wake up....well 2 hrs later we were both still asleep!! Whoops. For those keeping count, that means Josh slept for 14hrs!! This was the latest he has ever slept, and I still had to wake him at 9:20. Fortunately we were able to meet Julian's mom and stepdad for brunch and then went jogging on the CCT--so it all worked out. I was worried that it would be difficult with a stroller on the CCT later in the day, but it really wasn't that crowded. I guess it should shock no one that I would be the one to teach Josh to oversleep :-)
We also went to a fundraiser/campaign kick off for my cousin. I must say that parties are really not as fun when it is just you and a toddler. I spent the whole time trying to keep Josh from destroying the house of the host...
Overall I'm pretty pleased at how the past 11 days have gone....although I'm very happy that Julian will be home soon! Thanks to everyone for helping out with Josh and keeping me company over this time!
 |
| Mmmm corn! |
 |
| Mommy made me tortellini and hotdogs! |
 |
| Playing outside :-) |
 |
| Ready for my run |
 |
| Ooooo dirt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment