Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Batter Up

This post was written the day Sam was born and the events described are from a few weeks ago.  I meant to post it over the weekend but well, things got in the way.  In any case, enjoy!

As I'm sure everyone knows I'm a huge baseball fan.  I don't get to go to as many games as I used to but I still watch plenty of baseball (to Margaret's frustration).  For Christmas Josh got a t-ball set so with the nicer weather we decided to let Josh play with it outside.  Josh immediately enjoyed it but to my pain he had some initial trouble holding the bat properly.  I tried to show him the right way to do it but he refused to listen.

Here is a video if his first few swings.  Margaret said that if he ever becomes a professional baseball player and they want to show a video of his first time, this will be it.


After a few minutes  I was able to fix how he held the bat and he seemed to see the benefits




I'm still working on teaching him how to throw and catch but I'm pretty happy with the beginning of his baseball career.  Here are a few more pictures

Keeping his eye on the ball

Keeping his head down through the swing - good form!

1 comment: