Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy Due Date to me

Well today is my due date, and this baby is not here yet. Josh was born before his due date, so I was sure this one would be too. I guess everyone is right, no two babies are the same. At my checkup yesterday the midwife was telling me what they do in the next two weeks if there is no baby. I looked at her in horror as she told me that they would let me go to 41 weeks and 5-6 days, but then they would want to induce. Man I can't even imagine another 2 weeks of being pregnant, lets hope I don't have to.

In the mean time, I have had lots of time to finish nesting! The nursery is ready, except for one piece of art for the wall that has not arrived yet. It finally shipped, so maybe that is why this baby is waiting to arrive :)

I like to call the nursery woodland meets safari :-)  We needed to get some new stuff because Josh is not done with everything, and he is keeping all his toys/animals/blankets. So we decided to go with a woodland theme, because it is still cute animals and similar colors. So this baby has some new woodland stuff and some other cute safari animal stuff--some new and some hand-me down.

Here are some pictures:


Quilt I made and some new animals

I'm waiting for Josh to steal them...

No nursery is complete without a giant giraffe



New safari animal quilt, with MY animals :-)

New art

Closeup of the quilt I made for baby

Closeup of the quilt made by a friend for baby :-)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful room! apparently, 'speed racer' would have been a good theme, too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete