Saturday, June 27, 2015

2 months old!

We can't believe it has been 2 months already.  Sam is a happy smiley little baby these days. He is still pretty chill, although has some days that he is a bit fussy and high maintenance. There are not a lot of milestones at 2 months, but he certainly is tracking us and smiles at us. He also spends more of his time awake and alert than he did at one month. He likes to play on his play may and bat at the toys and kick a little piano that makes noise.

Sam's two month checkup is next week so we won't know his stats until then, but we expect him to be about 12.5lbs. 

Sam doesn't really have a schedule yet, but we have been settling into a routine. Sam usually has a feeding around 6am (+/- 1 hour), which I will do in bed. Then Sam and I will hang out and sleep or just snuggle while Julian showers, and then Julian will hang out with Sam while I shower. Then we bring Sam downstairs while we get Josh ready for daycare. Then I usually try to feed Sam again while Josh sits with me and "shares" a pillow. Then Julian helps us get out of the house and into the car, and Sam and I take him to daycare. Usually after we drop off Josh Sam and I will run any quick errands and then try and go for a walk before it gets too hot. Then the rest of the day we alternate between playing, napping, eating, walking around the house, running errands or yelling :). He has been napping in the evenings downstairs with us, and then we put him to bed around 10pm, so that we get to sleep during his longest stretch of sleep (4-5hrs). We know we should start moving his bedtime earlier, but for now this is working for us.

We have been shocked by just how different Josh and Sam are as babies. Everyone says your kids are different, but MAN nothing is the same with Sam. There were things I didn't even realize could be different between your kids that are. It has been really fun getting to know Sam :-)




1 comment: