Monday, December 14, 2015

Sleepover

We were having some friends over, so we decided to have both boys sleep upstairs Sat night. I had been thinking about putting Josh upstairs for the night, and then last week he randomly said that he wanted to sleep in Sam's room. So we decided to go for it! I ordered a twin size areo bed (we know we will use it when traveling in the future too). Josh was SO excited about his bed and sleeping in Sam's room! I fed Sam in my bedroom, while Julian did bedtime songs with Josh. Unfortunately, Sam didn't fall asleep eating like usual and then wanted to look at Josh when I was saying goodnight to him. He then played for a bit in his crib and was talking to himself. Julian went to check on the boys about 10 min after I left them. Josh said, "it's dark and Sam won't go to sleep." Both true! Fortunately it didn't ruin his fun. Sam has been waking up early lately, but we were able to get him, feed him and put him back in his crib without waking Josh. In the morning Josh told us not to put away his new bed, because he wanted to sleep in Sam's room again!

We are heading to Florida over Christmas, so we wanted to test having the kids share a room. It is nice to know it worked out pretty well!

Checking out the new bed

No comments:

Post a Comment