Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Four Months!!

I can't believe it has been 4 months already. Time has just flown by. Our four month checkup is not until Friday so we won't have his stats until then. Unofficially we think that Josh will be well over 15lbs... he has been growing SO FAST! I packed up most of his 3 month clothes today and pulled out the rest of the 6 month ones. He can easily roll front to back, and although he hasn't done back to front yet I think it is due to lack of motivation and not lack of strength or skill. He can rotate himself 360 degrees when placed on a play mat by kicking and turning. He is reaching for all kinds of toys, cups, food, or anything he can get his hands on and put into his mouth (including other peoples fingers). We have not given him any solid food yet but he is starting to seem interested in it! He is certainly interested in our adult beverages :)


The last 4 months have not been at all what I expected parenting to be like. I thought I would be finishing my thesis by now, and instead I'm just about to start writing. I decided to take a few extra months of maternity leave because Josh (and I!) were not ready to leave him with someone else. We have hired a nanny to help out starting in late May so I can start getting some work done. While it might not be the smartest move career wise, I know that the extra time has been really helpful for both me and Josh. He is doing so much better now, much less fussy (as long as he naps...), and growing so well. Personally I'm doing so much better too. The first 2 months were so hard for us, it has been really great to have 2 months to enjoy being a Mom instead of going right back to work and missing Josh finally being a happy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment