We were a bit concerned before the game about how Josh would do, particularly since it was an 11am game and it would likely have not napped. We decided to drive instead of metroing in hopes of him taking a short nap, but he had other plans. He actually ended up being just fine and made it through the whole game! I'm sure getting ice cream and all kinds of junk food helped him rally :-)
We were also a bit nervous because this was the first game we have been too since we found out Josh was allergic to peanuts. As an avid Baseball must have peanuts type of fan, this took some adjusting for Julian. We were also concerned about the potential for there to be peanut shells on the floor that Josh would try and eat. We were with a group of 10 people and we warned them of his allergy, and they were all very understanding. Unfortunately the people behind us and in front of us were eating peanuts, which made me nervous and Julian jealous. We were very careful not to let Josh play with anything that had fallen on the floor, and tried to keep his hands clean. Overall everything went fine, and no allergic reactions :-)
Our seats were close to a play area for kids, so I took Josh when he got a little ancy in our seats. Sadly it really was for kids a bit older than Josh so I ended up having to climb through a maze of tubes to make sure that he could get back out safely. Fortunately I was not the only parent that had to do this :-P
Overall we had a great time at the game :-). Julian and I watched fireworks on TV and were feeling nostalgic about our past 4th of July experiences. I think it will be a few years before Josh is old enough for fireworks, but I do look forward to getting to take him!



No comments:
Post a Comment