Josh is taking his very first swim class! The class is for babies 6-18 months, and Josh is the oldest in the class. After the first day, I really wasn't sure that Josh was going to learn anything in the class and it was really just for him to go to the pool regularly. We sing songs and make our babies do swim motions for pretty much the whole class. The other babies are all too young to really try and interact with Josh at all, which is a little disappointing. I was impressed to find that yesterdays class Josh was really starting to do some of the things we have been learning on his own! He will now blow bubbles in the water (something we do during the songs), and he can "jump" into the pool from sitting on the side. I'm very impressed and proud of him for imitating the teacher and learning new skills in class! I am hoping that he will learn to kick with his feet too :-) The next class is for age 18 months - 3 years, so I had figured we would wait until next summer to take that when he can understand a little bit more. But maybe we will try and find something this fall so that he keeps being exposed to water!
I don't have any cute pictures from the pool, because I have to keep my eyes on Josh at all times. But here are some other cute pictures, because all posts require cute pictures!
 |
| Hugging Jeter |
 |
| Stealing Mommy's stuff |
 |
| Taking an interest in what the robo caller wants money for... |
No comments:
Post a Comment