Monday, August 24, 2015

Triathalon Fan Club!

I decided that I wanted to race in the same Triathalon that I did last summer. I've only had about 2 months to train, since I couldn't start running/swimming until 6 weeks after having Sam. I also avoided riding a bike until a few weeks ago :-P  I still don't own my own bike, so I borrowed Julian's for the race. I knew going into the race that I would be much slower than last year, but I was also really excited to be trying it. Being able to make time to train and complete a race like this as a Mom of two is an accomplishment in itself, so I was just happy to get out there :-)

The race was logistically a bit difficult to bring both kids to. Last year Josh stayed with Julian's Mom, but this year we brought them. I packed lots of snacks for Josh and a few things for him to do. We brought the double jogger so that there would be space for both kids and everything else. Julian ended up needing to wear Sam in the tula for most of the race, but Josh was very well behaved. Ellie ran the race as well, so Mark and Molly were also there. It was so nice to see them cheering us on!

This race was also complicated because of breastfeeding. It is a relatively long race, and the run is the last part. I was nervous about being able to make it that long without pumping/feeding Sam. I ended up pumping in the car on the way to the race, and had no problems. I had packed a small hand pump to use right before the swim if needed, but I was tight for time and a bit stressed before the race and decided not to.

In other important news, we stayed at Ellie and Mark's house before the race. Molly was kind enough to share her room with Josh and Sam. This was the first time both boys have shared a room and it went great! When we went in to get them in the morning, Sam was on his stomach!! and perpendicular to the bed. This marks his first back to front roll :-)

Fortunately we got some cute pictures of our fan club at the race :)

Fan Club ready to leave!
Out in style
Bike
Run
Finishing strong!
Finished! Matching outfits were not planned, just because we are #awesome
This year, these babies are on the outside!
Could not keep this kid off the bike, maybe next year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment