Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Back to Work

Yesterday I went back to work and today Margaret went to work.  Things certainly have changed since we both worked normal hours.  For the last two weeks I've been working from home but going back to the office yesterday was very different.  It was good to be back in the office but very tiring.  Josh did not sleep well Sunday night which meant I got tired halfway through the day.

It was nice to see everyone and to have a more normal day but it did make me appreciate working from home since I can help out more with Josh and still get work done.  I'm planning to work 2-3 days from home for a little while and my work has been nice enough to be flexible.

Margaret survived Josh being difficult after not sleeping much the night before and Ruth came over for a few hours to watch Josh while Margaret showered.

Margaret went to work today to see a friends thesis defense and get some papers she needs so she can work on her thesis.  I survived the day home alone with Josh.  He was well behaved and allowed me to have a productive work day.

Hopefully Josh will sleep well tonight so I can have a better day at the office tomorrow.  Slowly we are getting used to this parenting thing and finding our new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment